We Have Moved... Which is why I haven't blogged since May.

12:47 PM
I have so many things that I need to catch up on as far as blogging goes.  But I thought I'd start with our move!

We just recently moved a whopping 3 houses down from our old one.  What can I say?  We like the neighborhood!  :)  This house was worth it.  There is much more room where we need it.  So I thought I'd show some before and after pictures.  We're still working on getting things up in a lot of the rooms, but the children's rooms are done, so here they are!!  (Here is also how I saved a bundle putting them together!!)

This is Clara's room before. 
Here is Clara's room after.  We painted the walls a soft, pinkish white. We also painted the baseboards and trim around the windows.  (By "we" I mean the painters.  Although I actually do enjoy painting.)  I got the rug on sale at the Pottery Barn Kids Outlet.  The picture on the left is one that I painted.  The one on the right is one that my grandmother gave me.  It used to hang in my room when I was a little girl.  I gave the frame a fresh coat of pink paint.  I also made the curtains (out of an extra bed skirt) and the flower ball that hangs in between.  The dresser used to be the boys', (on clearance from Walmart) but I updated it with pink knobs from Target.  I found the little white rocking chair at a thrift store and got the little pink table from Hobby Lobby.  (Also a clearance item.)  It used to be yellow, but I spray painted it pink.
On to the boys' room.  (So, this isn't a very good before picture, but I forgot to take any.  I have this one by accident.)
Just like in the other room "we" painted the baseboards white.  I also painted the whole room a lighter blue--per Ian's request.  It actually turned out well since there is no natural light in the room.  The doors in the picture lead into the playroom.  The red striped curtains were already there.  They match the room perfectly so I left them. 
Here is a view into the playroom.  The kids love it in there.  (The toys are all hiding along the wall.)  The giraffe in the playroom is a height chart that I cut out of 1/4 inch plywood and painted.
Here is Nate's bed.  His (and Ian's) bedspreads came from the Pottery Barn Outlet and were sale items.  Actually the rugs in the room were all from there as well.  Besides being on sale, I got them with credit card points, so they were actually free. The little helmet on the dresser is a bank that I painted from The Paint Spot.  It's one of the only things I didn't get on sale, however the dresser that it's sitting on was!  It is a Thomasville dresser that I got at a thrift store for $50.
Here is Ian's side.  I got the basketball hooks from a friend for free and painted them red.  The nightstand was from Target--I had to actually pay for that.  The names above Ian and Nate's bed were also painted by me.  They were two of my first attempts, but I still like them.  
One more view of both beds.

The little chairs that the boys are sitting in are from Michael's.  I bought them with two 40% off coupons and then painted them.  They have their names on them as well.  Also, if you haven't guessed by now, I painted the picture that is behind them.  Nate was 1 and Ian was 3 when I painted it, hence the numbers on their shirts in the picture.   


So, that about does it for now.  By my calculations, I saved about $600 in Clara's room and over $1000 in the boys' room. (Specifically on the mentioned items.)  I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.  I'd still like to do something to their closet doors, but I'll get to that later.  Now if I could only think of what to do in my living room!!!
Powered by Blogger.