Midnight Madness

9:43 PM
Some weeks at our house I feel on top of everything.  I have exercised and eaten right, kept a clean house, spent good quality time with Tavis and the kids, and had a daily quiet time with the Lord.  When I do those things, I'm a happy Mommy.  This was not that week. 

Ian got sick on Thursday morning and had a rough couple of days.  I spent most of the day trying to cope with a sweet but pathetic child.  (Here he is asleep on the couch.)


After an entire day on the couch and a pretty good Friday, I thought the worst was over.  Boy was I wrong.  Tavis and I crawled into bed on Friday night and were awakened every half hour with cries from Ian.  We of course didn't have any medicine because all my bottles were affected by the recall.  SO... at 1AM Tavis headed to Walmart out of desperation for something to help Ian sleep. 

While Tavis was gone Ian cried the whole time.  His throat hurt badly.  I was having a hard time calming him down, so I brought him into our room and turned on the TV.  There's not much on at 1AM, but there is Bill Cosby!  About that time, Tavis came home with the medicine and Nate came running out of his room, excited to join the festivities.  What started out as a very frustrating night, turned out to be one of the favorite memories I'll have. 

There we squished, the four of us in our queen sized bed and watched two episodes of The Cosby Show.  The children laughed hysterically as Cliff and Clair danced and sang and we laughed as we watched them.  Finally, at 2AM the medicine started to kick in and we carried the children back to their beds.  Although I didn't get much sleep last night, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  These are the moments I'll wish I could have back one day. 
Powered by Blogger.