Oh the Messes They Make: How I Turned Into Crazy Mommy

8:11 PM
"Children are a blessing from the Lord..."  I keep repeating that to myself. 

There are definitely some benefits and some disadvantages to having 3 children so close together.  While the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages, some days certainly can be trying.  Maybe it's my fault.  I never specifically told Ian,  "Do not slather your brother's head with syrup," so how would he know not to do that? 

So, let me share with all of you what I have cleaned up this week.  (This is of course, not including the typical messes that I clean up everyday.)
  1. Vasoline.  They painted a wall and side table with an entire jar.  (Dawn will take most of the grease out of the way.)
  2. Throw up.  Lots of throw up. 
  3. Goldfish Crackers.  (See picture below.) 
 
    4.  Pictures that Ian glued to the refrigerator.  (How else would a 4 year old hang a picture?)
    5.  Mysterious liquid on the bathroom floor.  It was either pee or toilet water, not sure which. 
    6.  Mysterious liquid on Nate's bed.  Pretty sure that one was pee.
    7.  Hair.  Nate gave himself a little trim.
    8.  AND (drumroll) medicated foot powder.  They locked themselves in our bedroom and filled 4 sets of shoes,  decorated my mirror, and made Nate look like a snowman.

Sometime in the midst of all of this I decided that I needed to simplify.  Discipline is definitely a huge factor for us, but I am disciplining all day long.  So, going into crazy Mama mode I took everything away.  EVERYTHING!  The children no longer have a dresser in their bedroom and no clothes in their closet.  All of their toys have been put out of reach.  All of their clothes now hang in the laundry room.  They get ONE outfit a day, and one set of jammies.  They can play with any toys that they want to play with, but they have to ask first.  (This ensures that they clean up their last endeavor before starting a new one.)

I'm not sure how this is going to work out.  I will let you know!  For now, however, the kids are in bed, my house is clean, and I am happy!  :)


    Powered by Blogger.